Headline Picture

Headline Picture

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Homemade Sloppy Joes - $11.57


Homemade Sloppy Joes

This past weekend was Superbowl Sunday. Every year, my college roommates and I decide to each cook a little something rather than order a few dozen wings from Howl (nothing against Howl's Wings, they're awesome). This time, I decided to cook up some Sloppy Joes as my contribution. For $11.57, I was able to serve 6 Sloppy Joes. This price means that each Sloppy Joe came out to be just under $2.00. Follow the instructions below to make your own, enjoy!


Ingredients:

Hamburger buns ($2.00)
1 lb. of Ground beef or turkey ($5.19)
Sloppy Joe Sauce ($1.89)
Pepper Jack Cheese ($2.49)

Directions:

1. At Medium-High, thoroughly cook the 1 lb. of ground beef on top of a skillet until all of the meat turns brown.













2. Stir in the one can of Sloppy Joe Sauce; heat through.













3. Serve on hamburger buns.














4. Add Pepper Jack Cheese

2 comments:

  1. I wish they weren't so messy to eat, but that's why they call 'em "sloppy." Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete